“The Promise” is a 2016 American historical drama film directed by Terry George and starring Oscar Isaac, Charlotte Le Bon and Christian Bale, set in the final years of the Ottoman Empire. The film premiered on September 11, 2016, at the Toronto International Film Festival and was released in the United States on April 21, 2017, by Open Road Films.
“The Promise” is about a love triangle that develops between Armenian medical student Mikael (Isaac), an American journalist based in Paris named Chris (Bale) and an Armenian-born woman raised in France, Ana (Le Bon), during the final years of the Ottoman Empire, and during the Armenian Genocide.
The score of the film is composed by composer Gabriel Yared and released digitally by Lakeshore Records on April 21, 2017. It is expected to be released in CD on June 9, 2017.
Don’t confuse this score with the other one with the similar title with music composed by Gabriel Yared, “A Promise/Une Promesse” (2014), the French drama romance film directed by Patrice Leconte.
01. Voyage to Constantinople (2:01)
02. Kach Nazar’s Dance (Kotchari) [Traditional] – Ara Malikia (1:58)
03. Promenade (1:13)
04. Ana Invites Michael (2:30)
05. Exodus (2:54)
06. Gohanamk – Liparit Avetisyan & The Hover Choir (3:38)
07. Labor Camp (2:18)
08. Way Home (2:08)
09. Ana and Michael (6:20)
10. Confession (2:24)
11. Leaving Refugee Camp (1:33)
12. Massacre (2:20)
13. Going up the Mountain (3:25)
14. Ana Comforts Michael (1:46)
15. Mourning (3:30)
16. Sari Siroun Yar – Serj Tankian, Authentic Light Orchestra & Veronika Stalder (7:37)
17. The Promise – Chris Cornell (4:23)
Listen to clips from the score here.
– with info taken from Wikipedia.