“Their Finest” is a British drama directed by Lone Scherfig and written by Gaby Chiappe, based on the 2009 novel “Their Finest Hour and a Half” by Lissa Evans. The film stars Gemma Arterton, Sam Claflin, Bill Nighy, Jack Huston, Jake Lacy, Richard E. Grant, Henry Goodman, Helen McCrory, and Claudia Jessie. The film tells the story of a British Ministry of Information film team making a morale-boosting film about the Dunkirk evacuation during the Battle of Britain and the London Blitz. Also it documents the film industry during WW2 era London and the emergence of women in the workplace in this highly reviewed film.
Composer Rachel Portman is a master of period dramas, most notably The Cider House Rules, The Duchess and Chocolat. The soundtrack also includes a song from actor Bill Nighy.
The film was scheduled to be released in the United States on April 7, 2017 and in the United Kingdom on 21 April 2017.
The soundtrack is scheduled to be released by Varese Sarabande Records on April 21, 2017.
1. Catrin Goes To The Ministry (0:57)
2. I’d Miss You (2:03)
3. Catrin Grieves (1:48)
4. Writing Uncle Frank (2:04)
5. Kiss (2:04)
6. Nancy Starling Part 1 (2:29)
7. Nancy Starling Part 2 (2:46)
8. Catrin Rewrites The Ending (1:01)
9. Heavy Rescue (1:20)
10. On The Dunes (1:21)
11. Ambrose is Cast (0:55)
12. They Can’t Black Out The Moon – Stephanie Hyam & Claudia Jessie; Rachel Portman, piano (1:29)
13. Mortuary (1:28)
14. Buckley Talks About His Dad (1:39)
15. Tower Falls (2:29)
16. Boarding House (1:40)
17. Make It A Happy One (2:30)
18. Red Sails In The Sunset – Charlie Kunz, His Piano & The Casani Club Orchestra (3:11)
19. Will You Go, Lassie, Go – Bill Nighy; Rachel Portman, piano (2:08)
– with info taken from wikipedia.